Monday, November 24, 2014

Pasta Omelettes and Beet Juice

Dear Family,

How is everything? Is it cold there? Are you excited for Thanksgiving? Christmas Tree hunting? I was totally oblivious to the fact that Thanksgiving is this week until I saw a sign for black Friday, because turns out they have it here. Weird.

This week was really weird. But good. We had interviews and zone conference on Tuesday, and I received your package mom, with...wait for it...PRETZEL M&MS AND OREOS. It was pretty epic. I was so happy. We sat around after planning one night and just snacked on M&Ms...it was great.

I walked in the kitchen and saw my companion mixing raw eggs with leftover pasta...it was SO gross looking. But, turns out, you can make omelettes with pasta and raw eggs. So, if you ever have left over pasta and eggs, try a pasta omelette. It isn't as gross as it sounds. Also, beet juice. Gross. We ate at a member's house on Sunday, and she gave us this HUGE pitcher of sweetened beet juice. I tried it...naive little greenie that I am, and lo and behold, it was disgusting. You can really learn self control when you have the person who made the food standing there watching you eat it...it was sad.

On Wednesday, we received a call that we needed to find a house...by Saturday. We don't live in our area now, and every day we have to take a bus for like 15 minutes to get to our area. But apparently that isn't good, so we spent a lot of time and energy just walking around and looking for houses that would be secure. We can't be out walking in our area after dark, so we needed to find something where we could just walk and be safe in our house. Annndddd....we found it. It isn't in our area, but we can walk for a block and alli està. It is really big, but we are going to be moving hopefully this Saturday.

On Friday, it rained SOOOO hard. It was sunny when we left our apartment, but by 2:30 it was raining and so windy. We were trying to find a house, but we decided to start proselyting, and so therefore the thunder and lightning began. I haven't ever really been in a storm like that with no place to go and no protection but my umbrella. It was crazy.

Something that never ceases to amaze me is that time is passing soooo fast. too fast. It just hit me today that Thanksgiving is this week, and in a month or so from today, I can see my family face to face. Que en el mundo. It is going by so fast...I end training on 3 de december, and cambios are the same day. With this new house and Christmas, Hermana Chempèn and I are hoping that we can be
together for one more change. Quien sabe.

We had an investigator come to church this week, her name is Carina Venegas. She was a reference from one of the members, and has a baptismal date for December 13. She brought her nine year old daughter with her, and now we are hoping that she can continue to progress and recognize the importance of the gospel in her life.

Something that we really tried to focus on this week was to use the Spirit to discern doubts and needs. And what do you know, it worked. Every person has a story, doubts, and needs, that need to be met before they can progress.

Anyways, it was a good week, with new things to learn every day and something that takes you out of your comfort zone. I don't think I have one anymore...is that a problem? No sè un poco. I love you all, and I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love,

Hermana Farish



Ready for rain!

Companions and Friends

Ready for rain 2.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment