Friday, December 5, 2014

Cambios...AHHHHHH

Dear Family,

This week was really awesome.  We worked hard this week to be obedient and to take advantage of every moment that we have to work every day.  It paid off, which was awesome.  We had 5 investigators in sacrament meeting this week, and 2 complete families of inactives (not anymore!!!!!!!)  The bummer thing was that Carina, who came last week, wasn't there.  She had so much work...which is a blessing, but now we have to back off on "more work is a blessing part."  We went to see her yesterday, but she was with her boyfriend...blast.  Cool beans, next lesson, law of Chastity:)

One lady who came, named Maria Lopez, has 9 children, two of which came to sacrament meeting.  We have a family home evening with them tonight, we are hoping to catch the other 7 kids and the husband.  She has read everything we gave her, including Alma 5.  Someone has to be special to read the entire chapter, right?  Maybe we will try her faith with Jacob 5...haha, no.  I can't even read all of that chapter.

We have been really blessed this week, so that means that cambios (transfers) are here.  We moved to our new huge house on Saturday, and we can't unpack because we don't know what is going to happen...no sabemos.  It is so crazy that they are here and my training is over..AHHHH!!!

How was thanksgiving?  For me...it was interesting.  In a really good way.  The week before, I was thinking about how it would be, without all of the family, yummy food, and all of the wonderful things that make up my memories of Thanksgiving.  I honestly wasn't sure how it would be, but it was awesome.  We ate at a member's home (actually, under her mango tree), and as I was sitting there, eating food that I am not used to, sweating to death, and all of that...I realized that there was no place that I would rather be.  Enserio.  There are so many things that I have to be grateful for; things that are important and that come directly from our Heavenly Father.  I am so happy for the opportunity to be here as a missionary, to be able to help people come to the knowledge of their Redeemer, who suffered and died for them because He loves them.  I am grateful for my parents and my ancestors, who have sacrificed so much for me, so that I could have the knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for this gospel that gives me purpose, gives me a hope that everything that we do in this life, and every mistake that we make, has a purpose, that which is to become more like our Savior, and live with Him and our families for eternity.  I love the process of repentance, and how we can repent from the stupid things that we do every single flipping day.  And how cool is it that we have a ever patient Heavenly Father and an older brother who are there with us every step of the way.

I love this gospel, I love teaching it, and especially I love it when people can feel the Spirit of what we are teaching, and when they understand that the Spirit is testifying to them.  My relationship with my Heavenly Father is so much stronger, and I have so much farther to go, but that is okay.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week, and that you can remember what you are really grateful for!!!!  Love you!

Love,
Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment