Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Stop That INFERNAL Happiness!

Dear Family,

To sum it up into one word, this week has been CRAZY! With a capital C-R-A-Z-Y. So, we had cambios, and I left! SAY WHAT!! I was transferred to an area about 20 minutes away by colectivo called Palma Loma. I wasn't too thrilled about it...not gonna lie. It is like, oh, you are happy? You have lots of people who are progressing? Bueno, we can't have that...entonces, changes. Haha, no, its all good. My new companion is from Honduras, Hermana Betancourth. She doesn't weigh more than 100 pounds, and is about up to my shoulder...I feel like this behemoth named Helga walking along beside her...ah well. My new area is WAY more wealthy than my last one. I am not so sure how I feel about that, but that is okay. I am learning so much with my companion (She will go home in May) and I am learning how to suck it up and just go with it. Also, Hermana Betancourth can speak Guarani really well, so it it my goal this change to learn how to bear my testimony in Guarani. We will see how it goes...

On a happier note, how was the Christmas devotional? We weren't able to see it here, but I downloaded it and am going to watch it tonight with my companion.

So...in my district meeting, I received a flipping awesome break my heart make me bawl my eyes out package from Bunkerville, Nevada. Thank you so much Jodi and Family. I wasn't going to open it because I was absolutely positive that it was for Christmas, but I did, and am saving the presents, jello, and...wait for it...WHITE CHOCOLATE POPCORN for Christmas:) Thank you so much, it made my month:)

So, Palma Loma was the area of the hermana leaders a couple of changes ago, and we have a baptism this week, with 3 other progressing investigators and lots and lots and lots of less actives. But we had a ward council on Friday, so we are doing good! This ward is functioning really well, and now all we have to do is get people there. No biggie:)

There are lights here and Christmas trees a little..we are going to buy a little one to use in our apartment. My companion has a ton of Christmas music, like the gift, and some other songs that make me REALLY miss home. But oh well. It has gone by so fast and I just need to take advantage of every day here. To celebrate, the people here go nuts on the 24th with fireworks, parties, drinking, and lots of other things. And then on Christmas morning, it is dead. Like a rock.

Anyways, it was a good week, with lots of changes, and lots of new learning opportunities. I read something this week in the Liahona that said (I am translating from Spanish, so it isn't word for word...) "When we have trials, it is either because we are being disobedient, or the Lord knows that we are ready to progress some more." So when life gets ya down, just know that if you are being obedient, the Lord will help you to progress and become stronger.

I love you all and I hope that you have a good week!

Love,

Hermana Farish


Ummm...the straight and narrow way?



9 year old girl they were teaching.  Erin is saying goodbye before she is transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment