Monday, January 12, 2015

The Small Things

Dear Everyone,

How was this week?  This week went really well for us here in Paraguay; hot, but good.  We have officially started summer, which means no rain and temps around 46 to 50 degrees Celsius,  114 to 120 Fahrenheit.  Bueno.  The good thing is that my ankles are going to be beautifully tanned:)

There was another holiday this week, called the day of the kings, the kings being the three wise men.  What happens here is that the kids put their empty shoes outside the night before, and during the night, the 3 wise men come with their camels and bring all sorts of gifts and fun things.  I had a wonderful day of the kings, thanks to Jill and family, I was able to open your package the morning of, it was the best:)  And thank you Addy for your note:)

Also, we went to Burger King today, and it was the classiest restaurant that I have been to here in Paraguay.  Kind of weird.  But the fries and hamburger were to die for, so that was nice.

One awesome thing that happened this week was that a bishop was called in our ward!  Because of some problems with his spouse, the previous bishop was suspended for nine months, and another man was called as the president of the ward.  Well, we finally have only one man that has the keys to the ward, and it was so wonderful.  We had a ton of people in church, like 80, and I hope that we can use this jump start to begin functioning again, and start to help the people to remain faithful.

We had a meeting with the stake president, the mission president, and the leaders of our ward on Friday to begin a system that resembles visiting teaching and home teaching, we hope that the people can begin to work and help others to gain a testimony.

Something funny/gross this week was that I ate horse.  Eew.  I had no idea what it was, it was one of those things when you pray like a fanatic to Heavenly father to help you to live.  I didn't find out it was horse until after I had finished it, good thing too, because I wouldn't have been able to finish it!

Something that I learned this week was that without the process of repentance, we would be sunk.  Repentance is such a precious gift of God, and we show our gratitude to Him when we use the Atonement to cleanse our spirits. In Doctrine and Covenants 58 it talks about this, how when we truly repent of our sins, He "remembers them no more." What a relief.

Anyhoo, it was a good week, I love being here, and I love how our Heavenly Father has unlimited patience and helps us to change and improve every day.  I love you and I hope you have a good week!  Be obedient!

Love,
Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment