Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bajar la cana con amor

Hola mi familia!

How is everything?  Everyone still doing okay?  This week was really, really, really eye opening.
First off, to explain the subject line...bajar la caña is basically to chasten...literally translated it is lower the rod/stick, but when you baja la caña you are scolding someone.  This happened twice this week, both with lessons that will always stick with me.

I read a talk from the 2013 priesthood general conference that is called "Is it I, Lord?"  by President Uchtdorf.  It talks about how when we receive counsel or advice, we can't look at others and say, oh good, that sister or brother needs to hear this, or needs to change this.  Nope.  We need to look at ourselves first, and ask the question, Is it I, Lord? What can I do to change and become better?  What can I do to better serve Thee?

We had a zone conference on Saturday, and it was slightly depressing, but awesome.  I had read this talk, and then we had our conference.  Our mission is still trying to adjust to some major changes that took place at the beginning of the year, and as such we aren't doing as well with baptisms.  We only have 19 thus far in January, which is really really low for our area in the world. To put it in perspective, our goal is 72. Presidente McMullin was really worried, and he bajò la caña.  But with love.  I am so lucky to have him as a mission president, he knows how to bring the Spirit so that it can testify to our hearts.  The whole entire time, he spoke about our desires, and if really we have the desire to work and give our all to the Lord.  The question, "Is it I, Lord" was in my head the whole time.  What can I do to help and be better?
I decided that I am going to tell all of you what I am going to do to change and be better, so that you can ask me next week and check up on my progress:)
I am going to contact like crazy.  Talk to EVERYONE, not just the people who conveniently meander in my path. It has always been a struggle for me, and we have slacked off.  So, I am going to work to have the courage to open my mouth even more.
Anyways, today we had a zone activity, that involved water balloons and sports.  I wanted to stop running in the heat and playing rugby with water balloons and pull a Jacob and start a water fight, but that wouldn't have turned out well...so...yeah.
We had changes this week, but I stayed here in Palma Loma!  Another cambio here to work and find people to help:)

I hope you all have a good week and are obedient!

Love,
Hermana Farish



The Zone

Sisters..."In the Zone"

No comments:

Post a Comment