Monday, August 18, 2014

Whew...two weeks already!

Hello everyone!

I can hardly believe that i have been here for two weeks already...things are going well, and i cannot believe the progress i have been able to make, thanks mostly to the Spirit.

Hermana Boehmer and I have begun to teach our IPs completely in Spanish. it was a big step and even though we were worried, we did awesome and the Spirit was able to testify to our "investigator". All of the latins who came with us to the ccm left on Tuesday...it was hard to see them go, but I know that they will be AWESOME missionaries.

We got two new latina sisters from Peru last night, and one of them is in our room. she speaks NO English, so we have to try and communicate with a lot of gestures and Spanish.  It forces us to speak Spanish, which is what we need. We get 8 more today who are from all over south america, and that will be so fun! it is hard though, because they leave two weeks before we do, so before we leave we will have seen 3 groups of awesome latinos. The group we get today is completely latino, no North Americans, so THAT will be fun:)

On Tuesday, Hermana Boehmer and I thought it would be a brilliant idea to scoot all the bunkbeds together, make a fort, and invite the other North American sisters over for a sleepover, since we were all alone. We had a pretty awesome time, but then during grammar instruction the next morning, the cleaning lady came in and said..."what happened to your room?"  We didn't know the word for fort in Spanish, so our teacher, while laughing her head off, told her what happened...it was pretty funny.

This last Sunday we had a music fireside thing, and at the very end, everyone at the ccm (like 60 people) sang the "As Sisters In Zion/Army of Helaman" medley.  It was so cool as we were able to sing about being in the army of Helaman (in Spanish) next to people from all over the world. it was so powerful and it gave me hope for what we will be able to accomplish as an army of God.

The temple on Thursday was an interesting experience, to say the very least.  It was a party to try and tell the cute little Argentine ladies what size we needed and which clothes we needed. I got a dress that was ten times to small, and when I walked out of my stall thing, the little old lady took one look and went and got me one that fit perfectly...yeah, just had to roll my eyes because it fit my companion perfectly...not that I am bitter or anything:)

We get to go proselyting on Saturday in Buenos Aires and surrounding areas!  This is for real! Hermana Boehmer and I are really nervous, but I know that if we can put our trust in the Lord, he will help us to be able to reach those who are ready, just like you said dad!

As I have adjusted to missionary life, I have come to realize a couple of things: 1, the Spirit is essential if you want to make any progress with anyone in this life (including yourself) 2, the gospel of Jesus Christ is real, it is tangible (the Book of Mormon), and it can help those who have no hope to be able to have hope in Christ, which will never fail.

Also, King Benjamin is such a stud. If you have a chance, go read Jarom/Omni, Words of Mormon, and the first few chapters of Mosiah. There are so many wonderful things in there, and every time I read I feel like I can can pull stuff out for our investigators.

I love and miss you guys so much! When we were showing our family pictures to each other, the little Peruvian hermana said that our family picture and the picture of my smoking hot brothers were "hermosa" or beautiful. So see Josh and Jacob, your influence has now spread into Peru. Congrats.

Emma, good luck with your headgear and braces and expander!  You are so awesome to take it like you have! I love you all, and have a wonderful week!

Love,

Hermana Farish



Our Fort!  The five North American Missionaries


The 11 sister missionaries at the CCM

Let it rain!

Me and Hermana Boehmer

My District

No comments:

Post a Comment