Monday, December 21, 2015

Well, Crazy Life

This week was crazy, what with changes and all, and I am now with my new companion, Hermana Noorda, from New Hampshire!! We hit it off right from the start, and we are so excited to be working together.

This week was really hot, like 115 degrees, with occasional flooding.  All of Paraguay is under water, it seems like.

And, my old comp Hermana Fardos is out of danger.  She is still recuperating, but was transferred to another area a little closer to the hospital in Asuncion.  I was so grateful to work with her, she taught me a lot about how to bring the spirit into a lesson and how it is so necessary.  I learned a lot from her.

We had changes on Wednesday, and we were able to get a lot of things done this week and find a lot of new people.  We are contacting like crazy, and handing out the cards about the "A Savior Is Born". A ton of people are so much more open if we talk about just Christmas.

One thing that was interesting to me this week was that we went to follow up on a contact named Monica, but we found Maria, her mom.  We began to teach her but we really didn't feel the spirit.  I said a quick prayer in my head to ask for it, and just as I finished a couple of drunk guys next door began to fight and punch each other, and we were like, "oh flip". But what was interesting was that the guys just randomly stopped, sat down, and began to talk again, and it was tranquilo.  When we began to teach again, the spirit was with us, and Maria was so much more open, and she accepted the baptismal invitation.  Strange how the spirit works sometimes.

The work is progressing, we are working as hard as we can, and it is interesting...everyone makes trunky jokes and whatever, but I have realized that I am going to miss this place with its dengue, lice, mosquitos, heat, whatever.  I have grown to love it, and it has become my world. I love this place so much, and I may or may not be freaking out a tad bit.   Not too much, just a tad:)

I love you so much and I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!! A Savior is about to be born!!

I love you,
Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment