Monday, December 7, 2015

Stupid. Ostriches.

So, let me just sum up our week in one sentence:

We were attacked by ostriches.

Yep, have a good week!!

Love,
Hermana Farish


Haha, jk, but really.  There is a lady who has two ostriches, we went to follow up, and we sat down outside, and the member (who came out with us on our appointment for the FIRST TIME) was first attacked by the ostrich...apparently they don't like hats. Whoops. he's probably not going to come out again...dangit.  So, the whole entire lesson everyone was looking at the ostrich because they were nervous, but it didn't happen again because we beat them (the ostriches) up with an umbrella.  Eesh. We finally could feel something resembling the spirit, and we were like..YES, keep going, and then the ostrich went to the bathroom.  I swear like a gallon came out.  My comp and I just looked at each other and just started to laugh.  We were like...okay, I just give up.  It was one of the funniest things I have experienced in my long life.  Not very spiritually edifying, but hopefully you can laugh a little.:)

Someone told me the other day that here in the mission, we get as much experience as an 80 year old person.  I am not sure it is to that extent, but it definitely helps.  I am so glad that I was able to come to the mission.  I know that it was the right thing and it has helped me so much to become the person that the Lord needs me to be.  I have so much to learn but I know that He will help me.

I don't have a lot of time, but it was a good week, and the rest of the Arrua family is going to be baptized this weekend!! We are so excited!  I love you all and I hope that you have a good week!

Love,
Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment