Monday, July 6, 2015

(Hashtag)flabbergasted

Bueno...

Lots of you guys asked me how the transfers went...let me tell ya...flabbergasted would be the word I would use to describe the transfer.

I don't know why our zone leaders thought of this, but to give out the changes this time they had little objects that represented what would happen with the changes.  So...when I received a binky and a pink bar of soap, I was like...WHAT?? So, now I am training and doing a pinkwash, which is when hermanas open a new area or replace the elders.  What fun.

My new companion is Hermana Còrdova, from Peru.  She is 21 years old, and is a lot of fun.  She played libero on the Peruvian National Volleyball team, and is one year away from graduating in civil engineering (Joel!!!).  It is a little different training a 21 year old than a 30 year old, but hey, lots of fun.  Our new area is in Salado, in a city called Limpio about 35 minutes away from Luque and Palma Loma. Super far. It is way different, a lot of green and cleanliness, which is awesome.  The ward functions decently well, which is also an improvement, so we will have fun going around, getting lost, and talking with everyone we happen to see.

At first, I was really worried about how ON EARTH I was going to be able to do this, but I know that Heavenly Father (and President McMullin) know what I can do, and that even if I make several hundred mistakes, I am where I am supposed to be.  We are the first hermanas ever to enter...so we will see how everything turns out.  Pretty good thus far.  AND we found an old semiautomatic airsoft rifle with bbs and everything in our house. Someone had an interesting Pday:)

So, this week, we had goodbyes on Tuesday, which was rough.  I grew to love Palma Loma, even with all of the fights between members, gossip, and all of that fun stuff.  I learned a lot, and I should have known that when I said I wanted to leave the area (this was in December) I would stay there half my mission.  I would say that the biggest thing that I have learned was to be humble and to listen to the Spirit.  It was something really interesting to make mistakes and to keep trying to learn how to do the things right.  Hermana Francani stayed in Palma Loma as the senior companion.  She will do great:)

Apart from that, this week was just getting adjusted, cleaning up after the elders (it was DISGUSTING), and enjoying freezing to death.  Seriously, I told someone how much time I had in the mission and she told me, wow, you are almost done!  I was like...um...no.  I don't want to be almost done.  I am so happy here, I love being a missionary and sharing with others what we have to say.  I love this work, I love my Heavenly Father and am grateful to Him for trusting me enough to let me bumble my way through this adventure.  I hope you all have a good week, and that you can enjoy the rest of summer!

Love,
Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment