Monday, April 6, 2015

Oh. My. Chipa. (AND Marriage)

First off, I saw Josh's email in my inbox and the first line said, DEAR ELDER FARISH...I just about had a heart attack.

Secondly, So....we almost died of a chipa overdose.  Seriously.  IT WAS BAD.

Here in Paraguay, something that is REALLY popular Easter week is chipa.  Chipa is a type of bread that is kind of hard on the outside, but on the inside, when it is warm, it is SOOO good, and the inside is soft and salty.  I loved it before this week...haha, not really. For Paraguay, Passover week is the week to make chipa, and almost everyone we talked to gave us chipa.  We were DYING by the end of the day!  Something we laughed about afterwards was when we emptied out our backpacks at the end of the day, and all day we had been sneaking chipa in because seriously, we couldn't eat it all. We had a MOUNTAIN.

And, general conference was just AMAZING. The first day, it was slightly awkward sitting in a room full of missionaries listening to EVERY SINGLE PERSON talk about marriage and family.  HAHA, but really, it was so nice to listen to the general authorities, and listen to the comfort and inspired counsel that they have for us. I loved the talk by President Uchtdorf, that talked about the grace of Christ, and how we will receive while we are doing all we can do, not BECAUSE of all we can do. Also, I loved something that I am sure the entire Mormon population loved as well, when Linda K. Burton said, (in Spanish, I don't know in English) "Tu me levas, yo te levo, y ascenderemos juntos"...something along the lines of "I lift you, you lift me, and we will ascend together."  How cool is that?  We have to help each other always, especially in relationships like mission companions, marriages, and families in general.  We can't be selfish...dangit.

Saturday night, we found a new family!  We had contacted the dad during the week, and we had planned to go to their house Saturday, and we almost didn't find it.  When we found it, at like 8:30 at night, he saw us, called out my companion's last name, and we had a wonderful lesson with him, his three sons, sister, and teen nephew.  We talked about the plan of salvation, and Daniel (the dad), would like to establish a relationship with God, with him and his sons.  We were just like...hey! We can help you with that!  We had finished our fast as a district on Saturday, and we had fasted to find a family!  And what do you know, Heavenly Father found us one:)

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful week, and I hope you are all doing well!

Love,
Hermana Farish




Hermana Betancourth and Hermana Farish

No comments:

Post a Comment