Monday, October 19, 2015

Still In Shock...

So, this week was nuts.  With a capital NUTS.  We had a lot of miracles happen, and we were able to kind of recharge.

To start off, we have weekly planning every Friday, and last Friday (1 week ago) we decided to call and set times for the members to make visits with us.  We were able to go out with a member every single day this week, and let me tell you, it made the difference.  We were able to go and visit a sister called Margarita.  Margarita has a 19 year old daughter with severe special needs, and has been wanting to go to church, but we haven't been able to find transport.  This last week we were able to go there with the RS president, who saw the needs of Margarita and this week the two of them were able to come to church.  She was so happy, and I love talking with her daughter.  She hasn't been able to receive treatments, and her spine is basically doubling in half.  She understands basically everything that you tell her, but is shut up in her body.  She is so innocent and special, and I know that Heavenly Father loves her so much.

This last weekend we were fasting, and I don't know what made this fast different or what...but it was great. The huge unexpected shocking heart attack of my life was when we were told the attendance on Sunday was 127 people, 44 people more than usual.  Seriously, after last week we were surprised to see so many people.  We knew that member involvement was going to help, but wow, mucho:) Our companionship attendance goal since July has been 120, and we finally got it.  And the best part was that everyone was involved, and we now have 80 more missionaries to help us out.  I was thinking the other day, sometimes we are trying to do things right, and we don't see the effects right away, but we were able to see the effects of 3 months of work, and I am so happy to finally see them:)

We have a really special investigator named Danny.  He is the son of an inactive and is 25 years old. A few years ago, he didn't want anything to do with the church.  But 2 years ago he had an awful motorcycle accident, and his forehead was literally caved in and now he is blind.  He couldn't walk and about 3 months ago he took his first step.  We went to this home for the first time with a member (he was a reference) and his mom (inactive) let us in.  His mom is really kind of..a...bitter lady, but, when Danny said the last prayer, his mom just began to cry.  Danny has some problems with autism now, but he remembers every single thing that we teach him.  On Sunday his mom told us that Danny had woken up that morning and told his mom, we need to go to church.  So, he, with his mom, walked to a member's home and from there the members took them. #miraclenumbertwo.

Life is going well here in Paraguay.  So crazy.  Haha, last Monday I received a call from the mission secretary...his question was "What will be your final destination?"  I was slightly confused (dork that I am) and asked...em...eternally or what?  And then I realized what he was asking - flipping St. George, Utah.  Time is going by so so so so fast, and it is slightly freaky.  But whatever, I'm cool with that.  I think I will finish here in Salado, which I am totally fine with.  There is so much work to be done.  Something that I am finding, though, is that I am tired.  This week I got super sunburned, and that took me down a notch.  I was just weary.  But then we fasted and all was well.

But, you know, life goes on, and we are going to see if we can maintain it.  But it was a good week, transfers in two o si we are going to have transfers, so we will see what happens:)  I love you and hope that you have a good week!

Hermana Farish

Really, Really Tired

I Love Empanadas!

No comments:

Post a Comment