Monday, February 9, 2015

As If For Years

Well flip. 

This week was one of those weeks that makes all of the other weeks walking in the sun worth it.  We had lots of fun little miracles, and we were able to see the Lord's hand in His work. 

Mostly, I want to focus on something that I read today that really just went to my very center.  I was reading an article in the Ensign about our journey through life and how a lot of the times, we are just waiting for things to change so that we can be happier.  We say, okay, I am only going to be in this ward for so long, so I am not going to accept a calling, or for me, I am only going to be in this area for so long, so...just work with the hope that I get transferred.

BBBAAAAADDDD!!!!!!

What the author said really made me think.  How different would our lives be if we lived and prayed and worked in every situation as if we were going to be there for years?  As if nothing was going to change and only we had to do the best we could with what we had in the moment?  I was like...oof.  Something that I really need to change is my perspective.  We are where we are because the Lord knows that we are going to be able to learn something from the experience. The missionaries come and go, but really our purpose is to improve SOMETHING in the area, whether it be the ward, baptisms, or individuals, and we need to do it with the idea that we are going to be there for always. I am not explaining myself really well, but basically we have to make the most of every moment that we have so that we can do all that the Lord would have us do.

I love you all so much, and I hope that you can always try to think in the eternal perspective, that everything you do can help or hinder your progress.

¡Les quiero! (I love you!)

Love,
Hermana Farish









No comments:

Post a Comment